Here's the recipe for blueberry muffins that I made for Tim for Valentine's Day. They're AMAZINGLY good. No pictures though, as I wasn't thinking when I made them. If you use dried or frozen blueberries, the muffins will not be as good. You've been warned.
* 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup and 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1-1/2 egg
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries FRESH! FRESH! USE FRESH BERRIES GODDAMMIT!
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
* 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put your cute little muffin cups in the pan. Please don't try to just grease the pan and hope for the best. Use the liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Makes about 12 big muffins.
I used extra blueberries for this, and they came out all juicy. These are really tasty, and are simple to make. It's like, bakery-quality. Seriously guys.